Monday, November 29, 2010

10 things in my life that I could never have thought to be remotely possible a year ago...


1. That it’s easy to BE HAPPY.

2. That life is NOT COMPLICATED.

3. That it’s really OKAY not to blame someone/something all the time when things happen to go wrong – sometimes things just go wrong for no sense or reason.

4. It’s simply too easy to sit on that throne of judgement ,look upon and judge every single person out there – but it takes a lot more than courage to put my own conscience under the scanner..

5. More people are good than bad – it was just that I was so busy trying to figure out how bad they actually were and ended up missing their best parts :-(

6. Issues in any sort of relationship (marriage ,friendship, family, work) can be worked out without having to resort to raised voices or hurtful remarks .

7. That shopping can be greater fun if it were shopping for someone else other than myself ;-)

8. Its fun laughing at myself sometimes :-) Laughing out aloud when someone pulls my leg (in a healthy way, of course! Not out of malicious intent) feels much better than scowling hard and handing out nastier retorts!

9. That it’s not the gift that matters but the gesture & thoughts behind it.

10. It’s not the count of friends on my FB account that’s important – Its knowing who amongst them would surely stand by me during troubled times that’s important.

11. That, being a homemaker is NOT BORING!(I know I exceeded the count here,but couldn’t help myself from adding this :-p)

9 comments:

  1. wow, this is a first! Foray into the human heart huh? I super like this! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like ur reaction buttons though! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So marriage has done real well ... :)... I find some of them hard to follow... Theory good- practical not good :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful ! By nature we are all born happy !it's the non "I" who stands in the way & plays spoilsport !It's this VIVEGAM to discriminate the true self from the non "I" which people are missing to confuse themselves & the world !The poor souls!Your blog should help them in their journey to find out "who am I?".And of course I also observe that you have traversed some distance on this path !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my first venture into this beautiful blog of urs. :)
    The layout of the blog is very calming and lively...I love the shades of green thats been used :)
    Though I don't perceive life to be always lovey-dovey, Still I did enjoy reading ur post.
    May god always keep u this happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Po - Thanx - I kno its a 'first', was kind of unsure if it'd become kind of preachy, but looks like it came out alright ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Smitha - thanks for stopping by!''Theory good- practical not good '' was exactly my thoughts a year back, but today it really doesnt look all that difficult ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @dipty - Hey, glad that u liked the blog layout... Green was chosen precisely to exude that calming effect!Agree with you that life could never be a bed of roses.This piece is all about 'accepting' that somethings in life cant just be helped and are really not worth losing your peace of mind over .......

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Po - Suggestions welcome for reaction buttons!!

    ReplyDelete